How We charge
We charge out $1400 retainers. Customers are free to end the project after each retainer. Customers approve all retainers in advance.
We don’t have a salesperson or a “project manager” to pay, which means we can complete complex projects at a fraction of the cost of larger firms. Using in-house prototype fabrication means cheaper and faster prototypes than companies that have to use overseas firms or have no capability.
You get Homework. We are not trying to grow by offering services you can and should be doing yourself. Every customer has a SuperPower.
Typical Project Deliverables
- Concept Drawings (from CAD)
- Preliminary Design
- Ready To Manufacture 3D solid models
- Rough Prototype
- Working Prototype
- Bill of Materials
- Startup Cost estimates
- Design for Manufacture
- Industrial Design
- Assembly Drawings
- Manufacturing Planning
- Manufacturing Sourcing (with options)
- Manufacturing cost optimization
- Tooling cost optimization
- Manufacturer requested changes
- First article Approvals
- Cradle-to-Grave Support
What Does it Cost
Typical projects range anywhere from $5K to $60K. In general, the more components you have, the more the project will cost.
Where do I Start Consulting Session $175 Flat Rate
On the phone or in person. This is consulting, not a sales pitch. For best value, our non-disclosure agreement should be in place.
Typical questions are:
- How to turn my idea into a product
- What Homework should I do
- Is my idea feasible
- What type of prototype do I need
- How much could I make
- What material should I consider
- Who do I hire First
- Can I make it
- How to start a basic patent search
- Can I manage the manufacturing
- Why can't I get my Invention Manufactured
- Did I waste my Money on that brochure
The session will be with our owner Bruce McLellan, a professional engineer who has developed hundreds of inventions and has over 30 years of experience designing products.